We are in a process of repenting from the sin of Racism.
Since the publication of our letter on September 9, 2020, addressing the racist messages painted on the Rock on the front campus of Kent State University, we’ve been considering further steps. We know and admit that this is a beginning and not an end. We accept that we will make mistakes and sometimes look foolish in the process. It is worth the risk: not for the sake of our own reputation, but for the cause of justice and for love of neighbor.
We encourage a careful reading of this second letter, where you will find context and clarification on the following points:
- Our reckoning with understanding the sins of Racism and neglect of justice
- A commitment to develop greater awareness of injustice in our world
- A pursuit of relationships with people who are different from us
- A long-term commitment of time and resources to creatively and actively pursue racial justice
- Acknowledging our shortcomings and resetting our perspective on the Good News of God's Kingdom
If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.